Many people in Wombourne received a letter this week about further building in Wombourne. Here’s what it said:
Say NO to a housing estate at the rear of Strathmore Crescent.
South Staffordshire Council has been told by central government that they have to build 256 more houses in Wombourne. To this end, the Council has put together their Strategic Housing and Land Availability (SHLAA) document which details the sites in Wombourne which they believe may be suitable for building houses on. Many of these sites are on Green Belt land. The Council is also undertaking a partial Green Belt Review which will decide if sites are to have their Green Belt status removed.
One of these sites is the field behind the houses on Strathmore Crescent. They are proposing up to 33 houses could be built here. This would:
1. Spoil the view of many residents of Strathmore Crescent and Orton Lane and even Showell Lane and Springfield Lane.
2. Significantly lower house prices.
3. Substantially increase traffic on Orton Lane which is already an accident hotspot.
The Council is commencing their consultations on these proposals at the end of February so it is vitally important that we act NOW to ensure they know the strength of feeling against these plans.
Please contact the council TODAY – email email@example.com or write to: The Local Plans Team, Planning and Strategic Services, South Staffordshire Council, Council Offices, Wolverhampton Road, Codsall WV8 1PX. Alternatively you can telephone the Local Plans Team on 01902 696317 or 01902 696423.
Let us know what you think on the comments below as well.
- Local entrepreneurs launch an online service to boost the local food and drink scene - 20th March 2021
- Berriman Eaton launch a free printing service to help local parents home schooling - 26th January 2021
- Christmas in Wombourne 2020 - 17th December 2020