This is a two-mile circular walk, one of a series based on the South Staffordshire Railway Walk and featured on the South Staffs Website.
The walk is easy and is a mixture of the Railway Walk, village streets, lanes and tracks. It should take about an hour. The walk is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
THE ROUTE (click here for PDF map)
1.From the Station car park follow the Railway Walk to the left for about three-quarters of a mile.
2/3. After passing the fourth bridge (no. 30), walk for about one hundred and fifty yards and take a path to the left, which crosses a grassy area down to a footbridge over The WomBrook.
4. Cross the bridge, turn left and follow the brook for about a quarter of a mile to emerge on the road at the bottom of Gravel Hill. Turn left and across the bridge over the brook and after about twenty yards cross the road and go through the stile.
5. Continue along the left-hand side of the Wom Brook and cross Mill Lane. Continue for about one hundred yards to view the sluice and weir of the old Blade Mill.
6/7. Return to Mill Lane and pass between the huts of the Scouts and Guides up into High Street. Turn left and in about one hundred and fifty yards turn right into Maypole Street.
8/9. Follow the village green around to the right into Church Road and in about one hundred and fifty yards cross the road at the Wombourne Institute close to the
Church of St. Benedict Biscop.
10. Turn left and walk back along Church Road and in about fifty yards turn right up Love Lane and into School Road. Cross the road, turn left and walk to the traffic lights. Then turn right into Station Road. Follow Station Road across Bull Meadow Lane down to Bratch Lane and cross over to the entrance to the car park.
- Berriman Eaton launch a free printing service to help local parents home schooling - 26th January 2021
- Christmas in Wombourne 2020 - 17th December 2020
- Summer 2019 Family Activities in and Around Wombourne - 14th August 2019